The intense competition prevailing amidst businesses has made outsourcing an inevitable trend. The last two decades have seen a significant surge in the growth of the outsourcing industry.
Wondering why outsourcing is such a hit in the market?
Well, it does not only reduce a huge amount of the development cost but also helps to enhance business efficiency. Let’s dig in some outsourcing statistics:
- 59% of companies outsource to reduce or control cost
- 57% do it to focus on business objectives
- 47% to solve capacity issues
- 31% to improve service quality
- 28% to take help from talented professionals
Outsourcing has emerged as a whopping $507 billion industry. Having such massive growth, the outsourcing industry is witnessing the rise of offshore development companies.
With such a vast pool of outsourcing providers ready to work on your project, what can be the best way to select an impeccable outsourcing partner in an offshore location?
How can you hire offshore developers that can generate fruitful results for your business? What steps you should follow while outsourcing? Oblivious to it? Don’t worry.
Here is a list of things that can help you collaborate with the best outsourcing partner:
1. Define your Outsourcing and Project Requirements!
You must know in advance about your outsourcing needs. A clear and precise idea about your requirements will assist you in making your outsourcing journey successful.
- Do you need the help of offshore developers for routine work or do you wish to incorporate them into flexible work schedules?
- What kind of skills set do you need?
- How much are you willing to spend on the project?
2. Geographical Location
Cost reduction is one of the most important reasons why companies outsource. However, it should not be the only thing to consider while choosing your outsourcing partner.
Take the following points into consideration:
- How well is your outsourcing partner’s country’s socio, political, environmental and economic conditions?
- How transparent are their outsourcing policies?
- Does their country offer the necessary legal protection and labor laws?
Considering all the above factors, India is the most favorite destination of outsourcing for companies in the West and Europe. Let’s find out why:
- The average hourly salary of Indian developers ranges from $20 – $40, which is affordable.
- India has a large talent pool of developers, having the required KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) to deliver quality services.
- India is the second-largest English speaking countries in the world, thus, communicating with Indian developers is comfortable.
- IT industry is one of the largest economies of the Indian government and provides employment to a large chunk of the workforce in India. Thus, policies are made friendly, formalities are kept to minimum and laws related to cybersecurity are stringent.
Recommended Read: How to Outsource to India? (Easy Way to Save Thousands)
3. Cultural Compatibility
Cultural compatibility is also imperative in an effective outsourcing partnership. It does not only play a critical role in the performance of a resource but also significantly contributes to the work relationships of the employees and avoid conflicts.
Hence, opt for an outsourcing partner who belongs to an extensive and hybrid culture. In short, a perfect amalgamation of east and west which matches your work environment, communication styles, and corporate culture can be a great choice.
4. Experience and Reliability
Indeed, experience is the best teacher. Could it be any truer? Certainly not.
Choosing an offshore development company that has experience working with your industry for a prolonged period can prove beneficial for your business. After all, you strive to get the best and what can be better than an experienced & well-equipped team of top offshore developers, that can work flawlessly in helping you achieve your goal.
Apart than experience, look out for the company’s reputation in the market. Check out for the previous client’s reviews on LinkedIn, Google, etc, references and concrete case studies. To establish a more trustworthy relationship, sign a brief contract with your outsourcing partner that will include the following clause:
- Payment Clause
- Exit Clause
- Time Clause
- Confidentiality Clause
- Performance clause
Recommended Read: Legal Precautions in IT outsourcing for Startups!
5. Does your Outsourcing Partner have Top-Notch Leadership Qualities?
Is your outsourcing partner innovative and a competent leader? Do they work extensively within their technical community? Does their vision match your expectations and needs?
These questions need an immediate answer when it comes to selecting the best offshore technology partner. Moreover, their active participation in important discussions, research projects, mentoring and article publishing can be a great way of analyzing their potential and competency.
You must keep in mind that a thoughtful, creative and skilled outsourcing partner can go a long way in making your business success along with helping you generate ample ROI.
Technology plays the most important factor while outsourcing. Hence, opt for an outsourcing partner who has access to world-class facilities, intricate and updated technologies.
Additionally, you must get a clear and deep insight into the kind of hardware and software they use, the credibility of their data management process as well as the security of your prospective workplace. Remember, outsourcing is not just a trend; it is a huge opportunity that can help you accelerate your business growth. So, make sure to choose the best and extract its benefits to the core.
Following the above criteria will definitely make your quest of choosing an effectual outsourcing partner a seamless process. A capable outsourcing partner will not only trim down the risks associated but also improve the overall value of your business.
Want to associate yourself with world-class outsourcing partner? Wish to get a competitive edge over competitors by working with offshore developers? Look nowhere when Your Team in India is at your service.
We can help you hire the best of talents through our extensive and world-class offshore services. Just drop us your line of requirements at [email protected]. We’ll reach out to you instantly.