The outsourcing trend is booming worldwide. In fact, demand to hire offshore developers is rising with each passing day.
Wondering what might be the possible reason behind this? Let’s start from the beginning!
Nowadays, it’s very hard for companies to successfully sustain their value year after year. A recent study of 2000 companies by Brain & Co. found that just one out of ten companies sustains profitable growth after a decade.
So, what exactly is required for companies to become successful?
Think creatively & make optimum use of the resources!
Considering offshore development is an effective business approach that can lead your company to success. It allows you to hire developers at affordable rates.
What else? You can extend your in-house team & reduce the extra load of work to utilize the resources efficiently.
For people who are new to this word, here’s a brief.
What is Offshore Development?
Offshore development is an efficient business approach where an IT company hires another IT company (in a foreign country) to perform specific tasks. These tasks may include the website, software, mobile app development or product development.
Offshore IT outsourcing is considered as one of the best cost-cutting measures, but there are a lot more reasons why companies outsource or hire offshore developers.
Why should you Hire Offshore Developers?
Quartz reports state that 46% of start-ups fail as they run out of money in their starting phase. If you are startup & consider working with offshore developers, you won’t have to face such a situation.
It’s because by choosing an offshore development team you won’t have to spend your capital on overhead costs like office rent, salaries, insurance benefits, recruitment fee, etc. Instead, you will be spending your funds on your business growth.
Offshore developers not only reduce the cost but also improves the development process, thereby saving time.
It means, when you have an offshore team on your side, there is no need to spend extra time training new employees. Why?
Well, the development team you will hire are experts in their fields. So, by saving time & money on your team training, you can focus on your core business objectives.
Changing the technology stack becomes a challenge with an in-house team. However, when you are working with a team of offshore developers, you can easily switch between the different teams (like from iOS developers to react native developers).
In fact, you will get the freedom to add or remove a developer to your offshore team. You just have to inform your partnered offshore development center prior to making any changes.
Accessibility to More Talent:
Outsourcing offers access to a large talent pool of professionals. Both web and mobile app development have numerous technology stacks, so, it’s impossible to get the developers for all technologies under one roof. And outsourcing solves this problem by giving you access to hire developers across the world.
Seize New Market Opportunities:
As the new technology emerges, companies look for ways to establish their presence before their competitors. AstraZeneca – Research-Based BioPharmaceutical Company tapped into the booming Chinese pharmaceutical market by investing in the offshore team.
In terms of software and mobile app development; AI and Blockchain are two emerging technologies.
And if you don’t have an in-house team of AI developers or Blockchain developers, consider shaking hands with an offshore development center in India. It will give you an edge over your competitors.
Where to start?
Source – Google Images
- Define your Business Goals: Make sure that you have penned all your business goals. Keep the requirements short and crisp so that your offshore developers can understand your vision effectively.
- Evaluate the Skillset: Identify the expertise and skills that you will require to fulfill your business objectives. Be clear about the technology stack you want to use while developing your product.
- Plan your Budget: It is important for you to plan your budget. You must be clear about the capital required to commence & complete the project. If you are layman, consult an offshore team and ask for the proposal on both web and mobile app development. It will help you determine which road you should walk first; website development or mobile app development.
- List Down Top Offshore Development Companies: There is a wide variety of offshore countries having different advantages. Shortlist the countries and the companies based on time zone, culture, and developers offering the best price/quality ratio.
Pro Tip: India is one of the favorite outsourcing destinations for companies in USA, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. So, if you are residing in any of these countries, look out for offshore development services in India.
Related Blog: Why Outsourcing in India is the Best Decision?
How will you Find a Reliable Offshore Developer?
- Access to the Code: Ensure that you hire developers that will give you access to the code. It is recommended that you should be the admin of all related accounts at Github, TFS, cloud and other similar platforms.
- Enquire about their workflow: Find out how they interact with their clients and allocate their projects. Ask if they are flexible, can afford more developers if required during the project. At times the workflow doesn’t suit their needs, so it is good to know this before you hire offshore developers.
- Reject the Cheap Quotes: Quality comes at a certain cost. Focus on cost efficiency rates and offshore developers that can deliver the quality work on time. When you go for very cheap quotes, you sometimes end up paying more.
Where can you Hire Offshore Developers?
- Get recommendations from your contacts.
- Search terms like ‘Hire Developers’ or ‘hire a developer’ on search engines.
- Search for offshore teams on LinkedIn, Good Firms, Appfutura, and other similar platforms.
- Networking via conferences, seminars, hackathons, and meetups.
How to Hire Offshore Developers?
It’s not a cake walk job to find out a reliable offshore team. You need skills and knowledge to hire offshore developers that will work on your vision to turn it into reality.
To make the process easy for you, we have come up with a checklist that will help you simplify the hiring process of offshore developers.
This is the first thing you should look out before you hire a developer. Match their skills set with your required tech stack to filter out the developers that are unable to fulfill your business goals.
Proven Track Record:
Look at the ranking of the company in Clutch, AppFutura, and other similar platforms. Check the LinkedIn profile of the company and look out for any recommendations. If possible, get in touch with the previous client and consider their feedback.
Problems arise from the smallest of errors. And to solve them, your offshore developers require creativity, teamwork, intelligence, decision making, and risk management. Therefore, your offshore development team should be solution oriented.
To be able to perform exceptionally, your hired resource should have a thorough understanding of your industry. Having an adept knowledge of your business will give an upper hand to your offshore team in delivering quality solutions.
Every professional should be a good communicator. Developers are no exception. During the project development phase, your offshore developers should be able to communicate effectively to ensure smooth functioning of the project.
And documentation is an essential part of communication. So, make sure that both you and your team should document all the details of the project.
If a company is unable to get a return of 25% on the investments, it needs to review the approach and then fix the issue before moving ahead.
Many businesses have developed formulas advised by the outsourcing company to build a stronger organization. Cisco – Networking Hardware Company, is one of those companies that continuously applies the outsourcing models to achieve remarkable efficiency and effectiveness.
In a nutshell, it has now become more important than ever to leapfrog the competition. So, a lot of companies are choosing the road to outsource their development requirements.
However, before you shake hands with an offshore development center, clearly define your needs, required skill set, and plan the budget accordingly.
Additionally, you should consider an offshore team that has:
- Proven track record
- Access to the latest code
- Experienced professionals
- Different Price models
- Quality standards
- Frequent deployment
If you are looking for a free consultation on your product development, share your requirements or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will get in touch with you shortly.