When you plan to make an investment and seek returns through a mobile app, there is a diverse range of facets that come into the picture. A mobile app is very significant for every business as it puts products and services in the customer’s pocket.
iOS and Android are the two operating systems dominating the mobile app world today. Both the platforms are widespread, and the devices compatible with them are used by millions of people around the globe. When it comes to developing an app for your business, you need to select one of the two operating systems. Although Android has a major hold of the smartphone market but iOS apps have a good chance of getting sold.
Flurry Analytics Report claims for every 10 apps that mobile app developers build, roughly 7 are for iOS. The major reason for this is superior revenue potential. Consumers tend to spend more on iOS apps as compared to Android apps. The development simplicity of the iOS app and the minimalist approach of every company makes a lot of difference. Most importantly, there are no fragmentation problems as the Apple device line-up is relatively small, having a unified user interface.
Development of iOS app: The Basics
- 1 Development of iOS app: The Basics
- 1.1 How to Define Requirements for Mobile App Developer?
- 1.2 What are the Types of iOS Developers?
- 1.3 Options to Hire iOS Developers
- 1.4 From Where to Hire iOS Developers?
- 1.5 How to Select iOS Developers?
- 1.6 What is the Average Salary of an iOS Developer?
- 1.7 In the Nutshell
There are many phases of creating an app during which you will require a mobile app developer: designing, coding, APIs, testing and back-end integration. Hire iOS developer having experience in aspects like UI & UX design and programming regarding API integration in cross-platform software.
All apps are not developed in the same way. Some of them are utility apps; others need more specialization, require access to deliver level APIs and third-party integration. What is the app about, who is the audience, how is it helpful? In particular, once requirements are confirmed, identify the type of skill level needed from the iOS app developer.
How to Define Requirements for Mobile App Developer?
Before hiring anyone, understand the project inside and out. This is the only way to make good decisions and set requirements:
- Describe the Idea: Pen down the general idea of the application. Devote some time to write a small paragraph to the description and focus on use cases.
- Set Goals: Describe the objective that you plan to reach in the short term as well as long term. For example: get one thousand downloads within 2-3 months, hit the top of the app store, etc.
- Describe the Functionality: Describing the app’s functionality is quite simple. Think and make a list of features you want the app developer to implement. This way, the developer will have a clear picture of what he is going to deal with.
- Set Priorities: Prioritizing features is also very important so that the developer focusses on them first. This strategy helps you ensure what is to be done first.
What are the Types of iOS Developers?
The types are divided into three broad categories:
1. Junior iOS Developer
The initial level is junior. He is kind of an intern who is responsible for handling small tasks under a senior developer’s supervision. He should have a zeal to learn more and more as it is their growth period.
It is always better to delegate simple tasks to juniors as they are tracked regarding their performance.
Experience: 6 Months – 2 Years
2. Middle iOS Developer
When the junior iOS developer has good knowledge, he is promoted as a middle iOS developer. Also, he should have a proficient in Objective C, Swift, OOP, OOD, major iOS frameworks, and libraries. He should certainly have knowledge of C++ and Java with Agile and Scrum.
Experience: 2 -5 Years
3. Senior iOS Developer
An ideal senior iOS developer is the one that has all the requirements of the junior and middle iOS developers. In addition, he should have app architecture understanding, also about Git and git-flow, unit testing, code review, and management skills.
Experience: Over 5 Years
Most companies have a culture that encourages creativity and innovation because it is a mission-critical strategy for sustainability. So, here are the skills you should consider while hiring an iOS app developer.
Options to Hire iOS Developers
Basically, there are three major options to hire an iOS developer:
- Recruit a full-time in-house developer
- Hire a freelancers
- Hire a software outsourcing company
It completely depends on your requirements, whom to choose and why.
From Where to Hire iOS Developers?
Although there are a variety of reliable platforms that have talented and experienced professionals but the following top the list:
Having more than a decade of experience, Your Team In India is a company that has a diverse pool of expert talent. They have an in-depth comprehension of development platforms and framework. It aims at bringing world-class IT services at budget-friendly prices. You can hire mobile app developers, iOS, Android, Dot.net, Python, Php, AI, blockchain, Node.js, React Native, HTML5, Flutter, Full-stack, Angular.js, and Java.
Developers having efficient resources aim to deliver exceptional services and meet client requirements. Your Team In India has creative, proficient and tech-savvy developers.
Toptal is one of the best talent matching portals having skilled experts. The platform offers the best resources having the policy of delivering top developers, so it is one of the best options available to hire mobile app developers and other professionals.
There is a trademark system for vetting the talent and selecting 3% of candidates in search of best from best. Moreover, applicants have to qualify the technical test by Topal to be a part of the portal and this is one of the reasons they have the best developers.
Authentic Jobs is a job board where innovative individuals get excellent opportunity to display their talent. They own web, design, and creativity. The popularity of the portal is rising steadily since its inception. Most of their job boards are populated with listings of iOS, and various mobile app developer positions i.e are similar to the company’s needs.
Apart from these, there are other reliable platforms like Linkedin, X-Team, Guru, Gun.io, and People Per Hour where you can look for professional developers
How to Select iOS Developers?
Before hiring provide a compact candidate profile.
First and foremost, you should decide your prospective employee qualification and be specific regarding the requirements. Undoubtedly, this saves a lot of time to interview the candidate that fits the job requirement.
Let’s assume you posted on one of the posting boards that serve the classified ads. Your inbox will have innumerable CVs specifying the experience of the candidates.
- How will you ensure whether the candidate is well-versed with iOS technologies?
- If the candidate really wants to work for your company?
- If the applicant is experienced and holds the management skills?
Well, developers have various platforms that display their general competencies in technical and non-technical areas. Consequently, have an insight into their Twitter profile, Linkedln profile, Github or any other shared code if they have them. Furthermore, cross-check everything inclusive of their experience so that there aren’t any red flags.
Recommended Read: How to screen iOS developer skills? – Guide for IT Recruitment!
iOS Developers Technical Skillset:
Make sure you consider the following technical skills:
- Proficient with Swift or Objective-C
- Knowledge of Apple XCode IDE
- Objective-C or Swift experience
- Understanding of Human Interface Guidelines
- Cocoa Touch and IUKit APIs
- Spatial reasoning
- Designing guidelines
- Core Data
- RESTful APIs
- UI/UX design standards
- Advanced knowledge of Git
- OpenGL or Metal
- Code versioning tools
- Core Data framework
- Grand Central Dispatch
Shortlist the Potential Candidates as per the General Soft-skills Checklist:
- Adaptability & Willingness: As a tech worker, they should have a passion for learning and the ability to adapt to the latest technological developments.
- Approach: Mobile app developers may have to face various issues. So, it is important that they are ready for anything and everything. The way to strategize and approach problems is important.
- Hands-on-Expertise: It is important that the developer has already dealt with a few apps and worked on projects focused on specific industries. So, pay attention to expertise as well as experience.
- Perseverance: Despite improvements in technology, programming is still a glacial process. Bugs may be possibly found during the process of development. It is important to fix them. In addition, developers should have perseverance so that everything is done with calm and composure.
- Effective Communication: Candidates should speak clearly and with conviction during the interview. Having confidence is very important. However, they should give their opinion and express their views impressively.
- Open-Mindedness: This ability lets them accept new ideas. New thoughts always inspire something great. So, having problem-solving abilities and open-mindedness is important.
- Work Ethics: Consider the ones that are more likely to be grounded. They should have the ability to cultivate their identities as well as work ethics.
What is the Average Salary of an iOS Developer?
iOS developers price is one of the most decisive factors for you. Their hiring cost may vary from developer to developer. A local iOS developer in the USA may cost you $65 per hour.
If you wish to hire a complete iOS app development team who will work dedicatedly on your project, they will charge you approximately $108k monthly.
Finally, if you have planned to hire a freelancer developer, the average hiring rate ranges between $80-100 hourly. The rates of outsourced iOS developer depend from country to country.
Recommended Read: Why Indian iOS developers are the best?
In the Nutshell
Hiring the best iOS developer is not a tedious task when you know how to narrow down the list. The aforementioned steps will help you recruit the best workforce for the crucial development project with minimal risk. The idea is to hire experts having unique expertise so that you can track every stage of app development.
Take out time to identify the app requirements and then define the development skills you will require for achieving desirable results. Conduct the screening procedures with caution as well as evaluate their skills accordingly. Finally, when you will consider all these factors, you will find the right iPhone app developer.