Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Apple’s market share is higher than Microsoft, and its development involves an entire ecosystem of technology. The fundamental driver of the iOS application continues to be the business value.
iOS is one of the two leading operating systems globally. As per Statista, the total number of smartphone users is estimated to reach up to 5 billion mark in 2019. Whereas, the StatCounter shows that the iOS list has 22.04% share in the mobile operating system market.
Before you start the process of conducting interviews to hire iOS developers, get insight on your project & jot down the list of skills required to make it successful.
Identifying Project Requirements
Every project is different. While some will go for utility apps, others require some special skills like integration with third-party APIs. What will your app do? Once you establish the basic requirements, you should assess the level of skills required.
To make the project successful, it’s important that your iPhone app developers are conducive in every step. In fact, your chosen resource should be a pro having the right mix of skills to understand the objective of your company.
Now, before moving ahead in the process, it’s important to make a decision:
- Do you want to extend your in-house team?
- Are you willing to work with freelancers?
- Or would you like to set up your offshore development center?
Once you have made this decision, it’s time to look out for different channels where you can find out iOS developers!
Where to Look for iPhone App Development Services?
Below mentioned are a few top platforms to seek iOS programmers for your next project:
- Social media platform: LinkedIn
- Communities: Github, Gitlab, Clutch & AngleList
- Job portals: Upwork or Guru
- Recommendations by Companies: Goodfirms, Appfutura or Clutch
Hiring Dedicated iOS Developers
Before making them join on-board, evaluate:
- Are they constant learners?
- Discuss with them about their first iOS project.
- What have they learned from their past working experience?
- What do they know about different tools?
- Do they have any idea about WatchKit or HealthKit?
Get an idea of whether or not they are interested in learning new things or whether they are satisfied with what they already know.
Hiring iOS Developers – Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal iOS developer will have years of experience and passion for learning new things. Here is the checklist to consider before you hire an iOS app developer:
1. iOS SDK: The developers should be adept at using the mobile operating system’s software development kit as it is the backbone of the app.
2. Swift and Objective C: The developer should be skilled at one platform or the other or both. The more experienced once are likely to have more knowledge about objective C. And the ones who have recently entered might only know Swift.
Apart than a programming language, an ideal iPhone app developer should also have knowledge about:
- Apple Xcode IDE
- UI (UIKit, Core Animation, Autolayout, SnapKit) & UX design experience
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- SQLite, CoreData & Realm
- SceneKit, SiriKit
- OpenGL or Metal
- iOS graphics APIs
- Git Code repository technology
Here are a few must-ask questions for iPhone app developers:
- What do you feel about our latest mobile app?
- What is your perspective about the app and what you think about the website or business?
- How can you add value to the business?
- What is your production timeline?
- According to you, what makes a great mobile app?
- Which has been the most interesting project for you?
- How complex the project was, and how did they handle it?
- Difference between Swift & Objective C
- Which is the trending iOS technology?
- Do you know how to avoid memory leaks?
- How do you take appreciation and criticism?
Cost of Hiring iOS developers from Across the World:
Variation in the economy and living standards of every country affects the cost of hiring iOS app developers. So, this is the area you have to take into account for any app development that you should conduct with the help of a global sourcing model.
For example, the costliest iOS developers are from London and Silicon Valley. On the contrary, many start-ups and established firms prefer to hire iOS developers from India as they are budget-friendly.
A basic app will cost $4800 in India and the same app will cost $48,000 in the US. It clearly depicts that the salary of Indian app developers is reasonable in comparison to other countries.
Recommended Read: Why Indian iOS Developers are Considered the Best?
The above-shared information will help you hire iOS developers that will not only help you develop your mobile app but also incorporate an end to end project development that involves design, development, testing, and deployment.