With the rapid growth of technology worldwide, no company wants to be left behind using outdated know-how for the production process. The industry leaders perceive innovation as a mandatory mindset to solve.
Collaborating with an outsourcing company means hiring a team of professionals remotely. These specialists include developers, designers, quality analysts, project managers, etc.
But to hire developers from a foreign country, you have to select a mode to pay for the services. As we are going to discuss the dedicated team model, so, let’s get started.
What is a Dedicated Team Model?
- 1 What is a Dedicated Team Model?
- 1.1 Why Adopt a Dedicated Team Model?
- 1.2 When is it Appropriate to use the Dedicated Team Model?
- 1.3 Benefits of Working with a Dedicated Development Team
- 1.4 What Type of Companies can Take Advantage of Remote Employees?
- 1.5 How to Hire a Dedicated Development Team?
- 1.6 Hire Dedicated Teams Instead of Struggling to Employ Talent!
A dedicated team is an engagement model that is gaining huge interest in the offshoring business. This is an engagement model where the client and outsourcing agency mutually agrees on the workload and project requirements for a period of time.
Once agreed, the offshore development partner will provide a team of dedicated developers to the client. This team of developers will work explicitly for the client for a specified number of hours and time.
Though your outsourcing partner is responsible for recruiting and administrative support, you will guide or manage your dedicated team directly.
In fact, your dedicated offshore developers will act as a virtual in-house team. The only thing is that your offshore partner should be accountable and responsible for maintaining the resources.
Mostly, there is a weekly or monthly billing cycle and transparent having a simple pricing system.
After the completion of every cycle, the client pays the offshore partner a fixed amount, decided at the time of initial project discussion.
This type of model is best-fit for long-term projects, where requirements are initially unclear, scope changes frequently and projects are scalable in character.
The other scenario is where the client’s development team lacks skills or expertise in specific areas. The best suggestion is to hire full-stack dedicated developers, with expertise in the required skill set.
Why Adopt a Dedicated Team Model?
Let’s take a look at the 5 key reasons for using the dedicated IT Team Model in your business:
1. Continuous Software Development
Remote developers, working as an extension of your existing team, can help you in making continuous improvement or maintenance of your existing software.
Simply because the requirements will be uncertain, the dedicated team model is going to work well for your business. Whether you come up with a new idea or have some tasks in hand to resolve issues in the existing web or app, the team will always be there to assist you.
2. Merging the In-House and Dedicated Offshore Team
Of course, most businesses have small teams in-house. But the cost of running and managing them can put a hole in your pocket if you are a startup.
However, to grow, you need to expand both your business and team. That’s where setting up a dedicated team of offshore developers comes in handy.
You can simply hire developers overseas, to save approximately 60% overhead, while extending your team at the same time. In fact, this approach eliminates the other stressful things, like conducting interviews, organizing software and hardware, etc.
3. Building a Fast Response Team
Any business requires quick response teams for ensuring improvement based on a product launch. At this stage, a dedicated team helps to execute your development work by maintaining continuity and implementing workflows in a responsive way.
4. Executing an Agile Project Methodology
Agile gives you the flexibility of testing and execution on the basis of trial and error. You can control the cost in a strategic way via a dedicated remote team model where the disparities are mitigated.
The high-cost predictability helps in upholding an unvarying monthly expenditure.
5. Comprehensive Progress Report
Though remote collaboration is beneficial, it is important to keep a track of everything to ensure the smooth functioning of both your team and the development process.
So, it’s recommended to hire developers that are proactive and believe in sharing regular project updates.
When is it Appropriate to use the Dedicated Team Model?
You can consider the dedicated model in the following scenarios:
- When you are planning to create long-term strategic relationships with the offshoring company.
- If you have the requirement of a full-fledge team that has diverse skills and expertise but you are unable to manage them.
- When you are looking for a quality development team and you have a tight budget for development.
- The requirements and goals aren’t clearly defined and are expected to undergo significant changes during the process.
- When you are working on a project that has numerous scalability chances, a dedicated team model is useful. This is because you can make use of a team with the same fixed billing.
Benefits of Working with a Dedicated Development Team
When there are two teams that are unable to communicate physically in an office environment, how do they manage work that too seamlessly? Do you have any idea how the workflow will be organized?
Well, to make the work efficient, you have to be job-specific for them so that it increases their efficiency. The goal of a dedicated team is to enrich the knowledge about the company as a whole.
With the help of Google Drive, Slack, Basecamp, JIRA, and other communication tools help in managing the offshore team.
This allows both the offshore and in-house teams to see the broader picture of the company and appreciate different types of work which isn’t self-evident.
2. The Cost-Effective Partnership Comes Handy
The dedicated model has a transparent, simple, and monthly billing cycle. According to the size and composition of the team allotted to the project you can take control over the project.
3. Flexibility in Tasks
Want to make modifications or willing to change the direction?
No worries! When you hire developers via the dedicated engagement model, there is always the scope of alterations. Your dedicated team will work just like an in-house team, which makes it easy to get the changes done simultaneously.
4. High Efficiency in the Development Process
When you collaborate with an offshore development company, you learn from their strengths, weaknesses, and structure discrepancies. With that knowledge, you can strategize to make use of strengths, take weakness caution, and solve the discrepancies in the long run.
This results in high productivity and team involvement.
The adaptability and control, in turn, gives you a highly efficient team that aims at your business objectives and all the requirements. You will also have clear insights on the progress and targets achieved. The dedicated model leaves no room for lags and holdups in communication.
Even if the project encounters technical difficulties, it is easy to overcome.
Employing the dedicated team for development helps in empowering the clients with more time and money that can be spent to boost strategy, research, and important features.
5. Cost Efficiency and Labor Arbitrage
It is very clear that working with dedicated offshore developers is cost-effective rather than hiring a local team. In short, offshore outsourcing gives you the advantage to hire developers on rent/on-demand/temporary basis.
As discussed earlier, not only it helps you to save a lot of capital per overhead but also eliminates the hassles of scheduling interviews, etc.
6. Availability of Solution-Based Developer
In most companies, there are certain projects where in-house employees are not capable of completing the project successfully.
On the other hand, collaboration with an outsourcing partner gives you the flexibility to hire developers across a wide range of technologies. So, if you are working with a reliable outsourcing partner, there’s a chance that you will get all the technology experts under one roof. Thereby saving you both time & money.
What Type of Companies can Take Advantage of Remote Employees?
Any IT company can take advantage of dedicated virtual teams, especially the one that doesn’t want to deal with the complexity of the development process.
It is a good decision for those who want to free themselves from challenging issues. The dedicated team model is relevant for the customers who don’t want to deal with the complexity and all pitfalls of software development.
It is a good choice for those who want to free themselves from the tricky issues.
- Companies with an urgent need to complete a specific task without having to defocus in-house team.
- Dynamic organizations with a permanent hiring need for their fast-changing projects.
- Enterprises that require rare expertise, especially with a limited budget.
- Startups that are planning to expand their team & business.
How to Hire a Dedicated Development Team?
1. Prioritize your Needs
- What type and size of developers you want: front end, backend, mobile, full-stack, or having some specific skills?
- What technology do you expect them to be well-versed in?
- The candidate’s mentality is also accessed as the roles may require different personalities.
- How many years of experience are you expecting?
- Do you also need a project manager also to manage the complete project?
In addition to this, you should hire developers that have effective soft skills. Once you feel, the above questions are answered, the process moves to the next phase.
2. Do Market Research
The process first begins with analyzing the top countries to set up an offshore development center. Once done, you can perform the market research and list out the top outsourcing companies that can deliver the right solution.
- Check for any conflicting legislation and currency exchange convenience.
- Evaluate if the country has specialized developers.
- Is the development cost high or low?
- Are they hidden costs?
- Does the company believe in helping you to grow?
- Are the developers proficient in English?
- Does their government support IT outsourcing? Do they have any policies regarding the same?
- Also, clarify which specialists are required for the dedicated team in terms of the technology stack and seniority level.
3. Discuss the Overall Project
Finalize the country and conduct negotiations with them. Discuss your viewpoint and ask the team to give them their opinion. Let the team make a flowchart of the complete development cycle.
Collectively find loopholes and remedies to solve them.
4. Shortlist the Candidates to Build the Team
The best software development company offers the most specialized developers. You can conduct online interviews to ensure that they satisfy your needs.
Within the first week, you will receive the first set of pre-scanned resumes. Evaluate if the developer will be able to integrate with your in-house team smoothly and understand the work ethics.
Candidates that don’t fit in the terms of hard skills and soft skills are weeded out at once. In the next rounds exclude the ones that mismatch.
You as a business professional need to review the resumes and give feedback to the development company. Fix the time of audio or video interviews.
If you don’t like the developer, it is important for you to tell the company what didn’t fit. This type of feedback turns out to be very fruitful and saves a lot of time in the future.
The developer’s interest in the role is analyzed for compatibility and is tested to verify if they have the required skills. Candidates are shortlisted from the promising profiles for final review before they are hired.
5. Deployment of the Dedicated Team
The team of hired developers is then deployed to work on the project and the service provider oversees the development directly.
Based on the requirement, the team can be scaled to improve the development pace or to work on other aspects. Make sure to conduct a video orientation for the new remote team.
Give access to the systems and provide relevant information regarding who to contact in case of an emergency. Explain how the task management system works for the organization.
Introduce the remote developers with your in-house team as this will make them comfortable. Overall, everything has to be systematic.
Hire Dedicated Teams Instead of Struggling to Employ Talent!
If you are an IT company, what have you thought about your growth? You probably are looking to launch and test new products as quickly as possible.
Time-to-market is an essential factor and you are aware of the fact that your competitors are busy developing their solutions.
You know that recruiting in-house developers takes a lot of time, hassle, and resources. Instead, you should hire a self-organizing independent team of the best specialists that will work with the in-house staff.
Ready to engage with an offshore team of developers? Contact us now & get a free consultation from our team.