Adaptability is about the powerful difference between adapting to cope and adapting to win. – Max McKeown
Ready to scale your IT business?
The offshore development center is the key to scale your business. It helps you utilize the latest technologies available to get the best out of your software, website or mobile application.
So to fully understand what an ODC is and how it can help you, we’ve put together a few subtopics that hold the most valuable information that you need to know.
What is an ODC?
The term offshore development center (ODC) stands for an integrated, extended, and dedicated offshore team. Simply, put it is as a subsidiary or a branch of a company whose main operations are running in another country.
For software development solutions, ODCs are becoming more popular due to their affordable developer rates and easy availability of talented developers.
Note: It is important that the locations you choose to set up your ODC must have enough talent so that it matches with the integrity of your company.
Wondering how to improve your software quality & bring down the development cost at the same time? Collaborate with an offshore development center (ODC).
The offshore development model has been proved as a highly effective tool which gives you greater visibility and predictability throughout your development process. So, outsourcing your development needs will be the right choice for your company.
All businesses have risks, we get it. But with a reliable offshore team, the risk can be greatly outweighed by its benefits. Aside from being cost-efficient, ODCs can be more convenient than you think.
Unlike in-house teams, offshore development companies have their own established entities, so you will be free from the burden of constantly managing them.
You’d better ask yourself these two questions before you choose to invest in offshore development:
“Do I really need an Offshore Development Center?”
“What benefits would I get from an offshore development company in India?”
Why Do You Need an ODC?
- It’s Cost Effective.
- Provides Flexibility is Terms of Resources.
- You will Get Quality Services.
- Advantage of Time Zone Difference.
- Allows you to Focus on Core Business Activities.
- Shared Responsibility Mitigates the Risks Involved.
Benefits of Working with an Offshore Development Center in India:
1. Nowadays, if you want to hire qualified IT professionals then it will leave a huge dent in your budget. However, in India, the salaries of IT professionals is comparatively lesser than their counterparts in the US and other developed countries.
2. Outsourcing will give you an opportunity to work with the best offshore technology partners and skilled manpower. The offshore outsourcing companies focus mainly on innovation, quality and are continuously on the lookout for improvement. Thus, if you hire them, you stand a chance to get strong expertise with a highly experienced team of professionals.
3. With the release of bill termed “IT act 2000” India has been rated as the most excellent investment potential destinations within the world. With government support, it has been able to build several IT parks. In fact, the government has even permitted 100% foreign equity.
4. Offshore Development Center comes equipped with all the basic infrastructure. Hence you will simply act and begin your project without having the need to develop any other infrastructure.
5. The time ideally taken for development reduces considerably. As work allocation happens at a different location and task accomplishment takes place at a different location.
What is Offshore Software Development?
In simple words, offshore software development is a process of developing your software by a team located in a foreign country.
Offshore Software Development has emerged as one of the most successful business strategies in today’s world. It has become a necessary strategic tool for companies to gain a competitive advantage.
Here’s a Checklist to Use while Choosing a Reliable Technology Partner:
1. Skills and Knowledge: While selecting an offshore development company, you must know which country offers the most effective service without draining your company’s pockets. Among other countries, India is one of the top outsourcing destinations for business processes. The country’s booming BPO industry inspired Universities to offer training programs that cater the workforce demand.
2. Work History: To get a lot of customers most outsourcing companies create a boast of their success. To measure one’s success and experience look for honest feedback from the clients on credible websites like Good firms, App Futura, etc. Portfolio and ranking can come in handy once you got to imagine the level of company’s qualification. This knowledge enables you to make better-informed decisions.
3. Good Communication: Key factor is effective communication for all organization Find an offshore company with good communication to avoid the hassle of language barriers. Both teams should discuss issues and should come to an understanding of how to work together. With this advantage, miscommunication is less likely to occur between the client and the vendor.
4. A Pile of Offers: Double check to be really sure that if you need so many services which they are offering. Always keep in mind that outsourcing companies will offer you as many services as they are able to provide in order to earn extra money.
Advantages of offshore software development:
1. Low Labor Cost:
Number one is that it’s so amazingly affordable to hire somebody overseas. People from other countries can ask lower pay for their work than your in-house employees. These people are typically highly-educated, they speak English perfectly.
The challenge for them is that it could be really difficult to find good work in their own country. We commonly hear about the job that offers high pay but asks these people to leave their families for months. Imagine, how thankful these people would be having a job with higher pay without leaving their native country and families.
2. Time Zone Difference:
Another benefit of offshore software development is the time zone advantage. While you are sleeping, your offshore developers will be working hard to get the tasks assigned complete before you wake up.
For example, a US-based company when works with an offshore software company in India, there will be a time zone difference of 12 hours. And theoretically, this will ensure that the project was developed utilizing 24 hours of the day. In short, that’s a perfect way of time utilization.
24/7 availability enhances the agility of the business and gives it an edge over its competitors. Isn’t that cool?
3. On-Time Delivery:
Offshore development center professionals will always strive & adhere to their deadlines. So, do not worry about late deliveries. They must have enough flexibility in resource utilization to focus efforts where – and when – they’re needed most.
4. Knowledge Retention:
Offshore Software Development will guarantee that all knowledge shared during the course of the project remains within the center.
Your offshore team invariably has complete responsibility to finish the assignments. On top of that, it’s their responsibility to keep the information secure and deliver solutions that will meet and exceed your expectations.
Words for Wise:
Before you set up an offshore development center, it would be beneficial for you to have a relevant business case to justify the ODC.
Follow your employees on LinkedIn or Twitter to know more about their working experience and core technical skills. Moreover, it will help you to strike up a friendly relationship with your workers.
Use these useful tips and tricks to succeed in outsourcing your technical assignments to different countries of the globe.
In case you are having any doubts about your project or need to get recommendations from experienced developers we are here to help you at any time.
With us, you will never experience any hardships with getting an ODC setup and running. How it works? Hire Offshore Team from us & set up your ODC today!
For any query, drop your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org & our team will get in touch with you shortly!