In the digital expansion era, establishing and maintaining a powerful business presence is a challenging task. So, it’s important to create a robust & scalable website/mobile app to spread your word.
That’s where Java comes. It is an open-source & general-purpose programming language that allows Java developers to “write once, run everywhere.” It means that a compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java (without recompilation).
Apart from cross-platform ability, there are multiple benefits of using Java, one of them being the ability to build a robust backend for both web and mobile app development.
That’s why it’s important to hire Java programmers that are proficient & can help you leverage the potential of this programming language to the fullest.
Alright. It’s obvious that every company would want to recruit java developers that are best in coding. But the important question here is;
Should you hire Java programmers nearby or go for an offshore team?
Well, outsourcing Java development in India comes along with a long list of benefits. So, you should definitely go for online Java developers in a foreign country. Now, coming back to the topic, let’s discuss some;
Tips to Hire Offshore Java Programmers
1. Understand Your Requirement
The priority task should be defining the requirements. This is the must-do thing before you begin hiring Java programmers.
Your requirements should clearly define your business objectives & how your solution/product will fulfill those objectives as well as customer requirements.
Pay heed to the following mentioned considerations;
- What is the main objective of the application?
- Will your solution/product benefit the end-users?
- What will be the monetization model?
- What is the long-term vision of the product?
Once the aforementioned aspects are crystal clear to you, go ahead to consider the technical requirements and dependencies. It will help you define the tech stack & make the process to hire Java programmers online easy.
2. Look for Talent and Long-Term Association
It’s very important to hire developers that are really good at coding as well as passionate about their work. So, before you hire offshore Java programmers:
- Ensure that your team has a minimum of 3-4 years of experience with Java.
- Have a strong portfolio of building excellent web and mobile applications.
Apart from talent, look out for long-term associations. Long-Term collaboration ensures loyalty and quality. For the same purpose, a lot of entrepreneurs now prefer to build their dedicated development centers in offshore countries.
3. Industry Specific Experience
Java programmers play a significant role in the software engineering landscape. It’s because they have a diverse range of skills-set, which gives them the opportunity to solve even complex problems.
So, if you are looking for custom solutions, hire Java programmers online that have experience working in your industry. In case you already have a functional development team in your native office then you will have a clear vision of the missing link from the development chain.
But if you are trying to build the team from scratch, formulating a plan should be your priority.
GitHub is one of the best platforms where you can test the skills of your remote Java developers. Check out the repositories hosting their code & you will get a clear picture of their experience.
4. Command Over Coding
Having experience with multiple frameworks and good coding skills is very important. However, to deliver cutting edge solutions, it is necessary to have a good command of the following tools:
- Source control: Git
- Build automation: Maven
- Continuous integration/development tools such as Jenkins
- Agile/Project Management/Bug Tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A solution-oriented approach
If your team of remote developers can demonstrate good experience with coding & the aforementioned software, hire them right away.
4. Analyze Core Java & Problem-Solving Skills:
Before you recruit Java developers, explore their core, analytical, and problem-solving skills through rigorous interview sessions.
Creating, deploying, and managing code effectively is a must-have skill. Look beyond the resumes of Java developers & test their proficiency based on the following parameters:
- Development Skills
- Key Strengths
Moreover, check for their experience working with:
- Large scale business apps and websites
- Design patterns
- Multi-threading techniques
- CSS and HTML
- Before starting the hiring process, judiciously evaluate your requirement.
- Pick someone who will fit well in your cultural environment.
- Furthermore, take rigorous interviews, identify the strength of the developers with different frameworks, the latest technologies, and tools.
- Don’t believe claims, cross-check as well.
In case you are looking for a free consultation on hiring offshore Java programmers online, connect with us now.