In the digital expansion era, establishing and maintaining a powerful business presence is a challenging task. So, it’s important to create a robust & scalable website/mobile app to spread your word.
That’s where Java comes. It is an open source & general-purpose programming language that allows Java Developers to “write once, run everywhere.” It means that a compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java (without recompilation).
Apart than cross-platform ability, there are multiple benefits of using Java for backend development. That’s why it’s important to hire Java developers that are proficient & can help you leverage the potential of this programming language to the fullest.
Other hiring a dedicated Java developer, another important question that comes to the mind is; should you hire offshore developers or local developers?
Well, outsourcing software development in India has a lot of benefits. So, you should definitely choose offshore development. Now, coming back to the topic, let’s discuss some;
Tips to Hire Java Developers:
1. Understand Your Requirement:
The priority task should be defining the requirements. This is the must-do thing before you hire Java developers.
Your requirements should clearly define your business objectives & how your solution/product will fulfill those objectives as well as customer requirements.
Pay heed to the following mentioned considerations:
- What is the main objective of the application?
- Will your solution/product benefit the end-users?
- What will be the monetization model?
- What is the long-term vision of the product?
Once the aforementioned aspects are crystal clear to you, go ahead to consider the technical requirements and dependencies. It will help you define the tech stack & make the process to hire java developers easy.
2. Look for Talent and Long-Term Association:
It’s very important to hire developers that are not only an expert but also passionate about their work. So, before you hire a team of offshore Java developers:
- Ensure that your team has a minimum of 3-4 years of experience with Java.
- Have a strong portfolio of web and mobile applications.
Apart than talent, look out for long-term associations. Long-Term collaboration ensures loyalty and quality. Therefore, shaking hands with an offshore development center becomes the right choice.
3. Industry Specific Experience:
Java developers play a significant role in the software engineering landscape. It’s because they have a diverse range of skills-set, which gives them the opportunity to solve even complex problems.
So, if you are looking for custom solutions, hire Java developers that have experience working in your industry.
If you already have a functional development team in your office then you will have a clear vision of the missing link from the development chain.
But if you are trying to build the team from scratch, formulating a plan should be your priority.
GitHub is one of the best platforms where you can test the skills of your remote developers. Check out the repositories hosting their code & you will get a clear picture of their experience.
4. Command over Coding:
Having experience with multiple frameworks and good coding skills is very important. However, to deliver cutting edge solutions, it is necessary to have a good command of the following tools:
- Source control: Git
- Build automation: Maven
- Continuous integration/development tools such as Jenkins
- Agile/Project Management/Bug Tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A solution-oriented approach
If your developer can demonstrate good experience with coding & aforementioned software, hire them right away.
4. Analyze Core Java & Problem-Solving Skills:
Through rigorous interview sessions, explore the core Java, analytical and problem-solving skills of the Java developers.
Creating, deploying and managing code effectively is a must-have skill. Look beyond the resumes of Java developers & test their proficiency based on the following parameters:
- Development Skills
- Key Strengths
Moreover, check for their experience working with:
- Large scale business apps and websites
- Design patterns
- Multi-threading techniques
- CSS and HTML
- Before starting the hiring process, judiciously evaluate your requirement.
- Pick someone who will fit well in your cultural environment.
- Take rigorous interview, identify the strength of developers with different frameworks, latest technologies, and tools.
- Don’t believe claims, cross-check as well.
In case you are looking for a free consultation, drop us your requirements at “email@example.com”
Related Blog: Checklist for Hiring Java Developers in India!